What says “fall” more than pumpkin spice coffee?
Recently, I decided to try something different than the pumpkin spice coffee, so i added protein punch plus a sprinkle of my homemade pumpkin spice mix. If you’re not into protein powder (which is totally fine), you can make it without the protein. I recommend this blend for athletes or people doing performance-oriented training as a good pre-workout snack or something light if you train semi-fasted.
Protein Pumpkin Spice Coffee
For the Coffee
- 12 oz (350 mL) hot brewed coffee
- 1 scoop (30 g) vanilla protein powder
- 1-1/2 tbsp (22.5 mL) pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice mix
To make Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix (makes ¼ cup / 23 g)
- 2 tbsp (8g) cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (4 g ground ginger
- ½ tbsp (3 g) allspice
- ½ tbsp (3.5 g) ground cloves
- ½ tbsp (3.5 g) ground nutmeg
Combine the coffee, protein powder, pumpkin puree, and spices in a blender. Blend on high for 15 seconds until it’s frothy.